Want to be a Police Volunteer Cadet?
Do you know a current year 11 pupil who lives within the Knowsley area? The Merseyside Police Volunteer Cadet Scheme may be of interest to them.
What could they do as a Volunteer Cadet?
Through a structured 2-year training programme, they will:
- Become a uniformed member of the Extended Police Family
- Attend weekly evening term time sessions to acquire skills in Leadership Through Sports, Drug Awareness, Law, etc, through a nationally recognised qualification
- Be given an opportunity to assist Knowsley Police Officers in non-confrontational policing
- Assist with crime reduction, community and charitable events
What are the benefits for them?
As a Volunteer Cadet we offer them the opportunity to:
- Take part in an exciting and varied programme of training and events.
- Develop skills that will be of help to them should they wish to pursue a police related career or another career of their choice.
- Become involved in some police tasks directed by, and under the supervision of, regular police officers.
- Receive a full Police Volunteer Cadet uniform.
- Be part of a close knit team.
- Help improve the area in which they live.
How do they apply?
No formal qualifications are required to apply. Recruitment lines are open now until 16th March. They will be required to complete a application form and pass a vetting check. For more information contact: Lynsey Farrell, the Extended Police Family Co-ordinator, Knowsley Huyton Police Station, Lathom Road Huyton, L36 9XU. Tel: 0151 777 6205. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.