We want you to be proud of where you live, proud of your home and proud of your community. We believe that we ALL have a responsibility – every resident, every service and every business – to create and take the opportunities that life brings, and to look after our homes, respect our neighbours and care for our neighbourhoods.
Together we can make our communities and neighbourhoods better, fairer and safer - places we can all be proud of.
This is our offer to the community, an offer that will help to create new opportunities for people and which will provide great homes and places.
1. Your Home Offer - under this offer, we will deliver a number of improvements over the next 5 years which will provide you with a home to be proud of.
- Invest £160 million into maintaining existing homes.
- Maintain and improve your home through our day to day repairs service and planned maintenance programmes.
- Install over 40 miles of new and replacement fencing.
- Upgrade the communal areas within our flat blocks, providing new floor coverings, improved lighting and re-plastered and painted walls.
- Provide new PVCu guttering, fascias and soffit to 8,000 homes.
- Complete over 6,000 improvements to kitchens, bathrooms, central heating, roofs, electrical rewires and windows.
- Complete an external repair and painting programme for 6,500 homes.
- Redecorate and upgrade fixture and fitting in all our community centres.
2. Our Community and Opportunity Offer to you – we will use our spending power to create jobs and training opportunities locally through our expected £418 million investment in homes and services over the next 5 years.
- Build 400 new homes and invest £63 million to meet the housing needs of current and future Knowsley residents.
- Create at least 950 new jobs and training opportunities for local people through our investments whilst working with local suppliers and social enterprises.
- Invest surpluses created from our commercial activities back into the Knowsley economy and community.
- Keep rents affordable and below government maximum levels of increase (subject to government regulation).
- Work with others to provide support and advice to help residents cope with the demands of everyday life.
3. Our Environment and Green Living Offer to you – we will help to create an environment that is sustainable and safe.
- Invest £6 million in energy saving solutions to help reduce the fuel costs of our tenants whilst reducing our impact on the environment.
- Offer an energy audit to every tenant with the aim of reducing energy usage and making savings which we would expect to provide £50 annual savings per household.
- Expect to reduce our carbon footprint by 28% through our energy saving actions.
- Maintain and enhance our environment and green spaces.
To see an electronic copy of our Five Year Promises, please see: Five Year Promises [pdf] 2MB