Help keep your bills low with these simple, quick tips:
- When it starts to get dark and temperatures begin to drop, draw your curtains and close room doors to keep the heat in.
- A typical household could save between £45-80 a year just by remembering to turn off appliances left on standby!
- Radiator reflectors on external walls can redirect heat back into your home – they’re cheap to buy and easy to install, we can even do it for you as part of a full Home Energy Audit.
- Feel a draught? As well as checking windows, loft hatches and doors, take a look at any skirting or cables/pipes that run through the walls. You can use draught excluders to block any gaps – but remember not to cover any air vents! Fires and gas appliances need ventilation.
- Keep radiators clear and unobstructed – move furniture and curtains away to help heat flow through the room.
- If you’re on Universal Credit you could get help with heating costs. Visit the KHT Advice Hub for more information about the Warm Home Discount Scheme and Cold Weather Payments.
- Our dedicated team can undertake a full FREE Home Energy Audit for you – helping you make serious savings on your energy bills. Call 0151 290 7000 and ask to speak to our Energy Surveyor.