Did you know every three minutes, someone in the UK develops dementia. This means almost all of us knows someone affected by dementia – a family member, customer or member of staff, – and it doesn’t just affect old people. Despite almost all of us knowing someone affected, two-thirds of people living with dementia report feeling isolated and lonely.
KHT supports the Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Friends programme, which aims to transform the way people think about the condition and how they can help. Bluebell Park and The Watchfactory also encourages some residents to become Dementia Friends Champions, these volunteers inspire others to make a positive difference to people living with dementia in the community.
Ahead of Dementia Action Week, which runs 20 – 26th May, we’ve organised a week of events at our extra care developments at The Watchfactory, Prescot and Bluebell, Huyton. Actvities include a healthy living session with nutritional food, dietary tips, chair-based exercises and advice about socialisation.
The Watchfactory, Prescot:
- Bill Seargent Liverpool Heroes presentation – history of The Watchfactory – Monday 20th May, 12:30pm
- Chair-based Exercise – Tuesday 21st May, 1:30pm
- Dementia Friends Session – Wednesday 22nd May, 1pm
- Dementia Friends Session for KHT staff – Thursday 23rd May, 2pm
- The Watchfactory Quiz – Friday 24th May – 11am
For more information please contact 0151 290 1447.
Bluebell Park, Huyton:
- Bill Seargent Liverpool Heroes presentation – Monday 20th May, 2:30pm
- Bluebell Film Afternoon with CIC – Tuesday 21st May, 2:30pm
- Creative Wellbeing Workshops by ‘Imagine That’ – Wednesday 22nd May, 2pm – 4pm
- Dementia Friends Session – Thursday 23rd May, 11am -12pm
- Afternoon Quiz – Friday 24th May – 2.30pm
For more information please contact 0151 290 7960.