With a cold snap just around the corner, now’s the perfect time to get your home ready for winter.
Following these tips could save you time, money and a major headache later on!
- Check gutters and drains, make sure they’re not broken or leaking and clear away any leaves or debris.
- Problems with your boiler? Don’t try and fix it, let us know and we’ll send out one of our Gas Safe registered engineers.
- Get stocked up! Bad weather could stop you getting to the shops, so make sure your cupboard’s full to tide you over. When you go for your next shop, pick up some long life milk, bottled water and other winter essentials.
- Protect any exposed outside pipes with insulation to prevent them freezing over.
- Save money by getting your home energy efficient – it can make real difference to your energy bills! Our dedicated team can undertake a full FREE Home Energy Audit for you – looking at your energy usage, suppliers and the building itself. Call 0151 290 7000 and ask to speak to our Energy Surveyor to book an appointment.
- Spotted any loose or missing roof tiles? Report it to us.
- Check your smoke detectors and any Carbon Monoxide (CO) detectors. One press of the button will tell you everything’s working as it should be.
- On Universal Credit? You could be entitled to help with heating costs. Visit the KHT Advice Hub for more information about the Warm Home Discount Scheme and Cold Weather Payments.
- If your annual gas safety check or electrical testing is due, remember to keep your appointment. If the time we’ve sent you isn’t convenient, let us know and we’ll arrange a different time and date.
Found something that needs fixing and want to know who’s responsible for the repair? Check our Chargeable Repairs Guide before you report it.